Deep Tissue Massage is ideal for:
- Softening muscles & improve flexibility
- Freeing up restricted joints
- Improving skeletal alignment
- Helping to release strong adhesions between fascia
- Aids the bodies natural healing process
- Promotes wellbeing & relaxation
Deep Tissue Massage for dogs focusses on releasing the deeper muscular layers by using a structured layering of techniques to enable access to widened areas of muscles, fascia and ligaments that have in time become restricted.
Dogs posture / holding patters can change over time and often seen in older dogs (but not just older dogs) who, have developed chronic muscle tension over a prolonged period of time and this can be caused by a number of situations i.e.
- Activities of daily living
- Postural habits
- Over use from muscles associated with Orthopaedic conditions.
- Overcompensation of Muscular Injury
- Over stabilisation of an affected primary muscle (the muscle that controls the movement they are performing).
Canine Massage Therapy releases hypertonic muscles (a self sustained spasm that begins and over time grows larger and more permanent unless treated, which can lead to:
- Back Pain
- Joint Restrictions
- Degenerative Disc Disease
- Bursitis, Nerve Impingement
By using the layering techniques, this enhances the bodies ability to accept a deeper touch rather than simply applying a deep knead over muscles which are not yet ready for release, providing a deeper relaxing massage that is not as intensive and focused in one area.
K9 Bodycare is required by law to obtain consent before treating your dog. I work strictly in adherence with the Veterinary Surgeons Act 1966 and Veterinary Exemption Order 2015 which means I require completion of the Veterinary Consent form before therapy can commence.